How to Organize, Plan and Accomplish Goals?
Having goals is critical to being productive and growing in life. Often we don’t create goals because we become stumped by our many ideas and don’t know where to begin. There are definite steps that we can take to recognize and accomplish our goals.
1. Dump It- Sometimes we have so many ideas that we need to have a brain dump. On a piece of paper list all of the things that you want to do. In this step don’t try to rationalize your ideas just list whatever comes to your mind. The brain dump will help you to organize your thoughts.
2. Decide it –Now that you have dumped all of your ideas, the first step is to decide on which ideas are you truly interested in or passionate about. Consider which ideas are important to you and why. The ideas that you are most passionate should be turned into goals.
3. Create it - Next you want to create your goals. Your goals should have five elements. They should be specific, measureable, achievable, realistic and time sensitive otherwise known as SMART goals. By using SMART goals you will be better able to decide on the steps that need to taken to complete the goals.
4. Prioritize it - Once you have decided on your goals you must prioritize. This means that you must take some time to figure out which goals are most critical or most important to you. You also need to consider the amount of time that it will take to accomplish these goals. What are your short and long term goals? Once you have considered all of these elements you can prioritize your goals in the order they are to be completed.
5. List it-Now that you have prioritized your goals it is time to create a to do list. This to do list will help you to stay on track. Each of your goals will have certain task that must be completed in order to be accomplished. Along with a to do list, it is important to keep a calendar. The calendar will help you to track and create deadlines for yourself. It also helps to highlight the task that must be complete that particular day and across out the task that get done. This way you are better able to track yourself.
6. Reward it- Once you have completed a goal it’s time to reward yourself. A reward can be your favorite meal, dessert, tv show or a gift to yourself. Just do something that says I’m proud of you. Then move on to the next goal!